Flexible Country Cottage
3 - 5
About This Plan
- With dramatic angles, built-ins, high ceilings and covered porches in both front and rear, this economical, compact country cottage is designed for maximum livability. The house works well as either a year-round or a vacation home.
- Both the three-tiered roof outside, and the angled spaces in the public areas on the first floor, contribute to an impression of size. The vaulted foyer efficiently accesses all areas of the home.
- The great room includes a built-in TV cabinet and flows into the dining area, which opens to the covered porch in back. Separated by a peninsula counter from the dining area, the C-shaped kitchen includes all the essentials and more.
- In the master suite, a walk-in closet abuts the compartmented bath which features a garden tub, separate shower and his and her sinks.
- Upstairs, a balcony overlooks the foyer below. The two secondary bedrooms, each with a dormer, share the hall bath.
- The optional walkout basement gives you a large rec room plus an extra bath and two bedrooms. Make one a home office if you like.
Optional Basement Level
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 1,704 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 1,134 sq. ft.
- 2nd Floor: 570 sq. ft.
- Porch, Combined: 592 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 3, 4, & 5
- Full bathrooms: 2
- Half bathrooms: 1
- Standard Foundations: Crawl, Slab
- Optional Foundations: Basement, Walkout
- Standard Type(s): 2x4 or 2x6
- Width: 42' 0"
- Depth: 45' 0"
- Max ridge height: 23' 6"
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 9' 4"
- Primary Pitch: 11 on 12
- Framing Type: Stick