For the Larger Family
About this Plan
See What's Included in this Plan...
- Stacked gables and a friendly front porch grace this farmhouse design, big enough for a large family. A bonus room allows expansion to a fifth bedroom, a playroom or a hobby room.
- On the first floor, nine-foot ceilings are standard. Formal living and dining rooms flow into each other, offering a wonderful space for entertaining.
- The family area in back includes a good-sized kitchen with a pantry closet, a built-in desk and a cooktop-eating island. A breakfast nook forms a transition to the family room with its cozy corner fireplace. Completing this level is a den off the foyer.
- An L-shaped staircase leads upstairs, where doors to the four bedrooms close on an angle, adding interest. Note the laundry room, sensibly located near the bedrooms on this floor.
- Three secondary bedrooms share a hall bath. The scissor-vaulted master bedroom opens to a bath with a skylit walk-in closet, garden tub, separate shower and his and her sinks.
- Doors to the two-bay garage can be located either in front or on the side. A shop area is the perfect handyman's retreat.
- Related Plans: Put the garage on the left with house plan 69218AM and 69135AM.
- For a courtyard entry, see 69057AM and 69219AM.