Full-featured Cozy Cottage
About This Plan
- This cozy 1,770 square foot cottage is reminiscent of a simpler time. It is a flexible and full-featured house plan with particular appeal for an established neighborhood, a narrow lot, or a vacation retreat. The covered front porch and the screened porch make this home perfect for those who enjoy the outdoors.
- Upon entering, your first glance will be of the formal dining room, adorned with decorative columns. Just beyond is the carefully planned kitchen boasting a double oven and recipe desk.
- Decorative columns surround the breakfast room providing openness to the family room. A fireplace, lot's of glass, and a tray ceiling make this family room most dramatic.
- The master suite also has a tray ceiling and offers direct access to the screened porch.
- While modest in size, rooms are spacious and the living areas are quite open.
- With the optional bonus room, there's an additional 14'x53'-9' for future expansion.
- Ceiling heights are 9' except for vaulted areas.
- Related Plan: Need less space? Save money with house plan 2000GA.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 1,770 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 1,770 sq. ft.
- Bonus: 762 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 3
- Full bathrooms: 2
- Standard Foundations: Crawl
- Optional Foundations: Basement, Slab
- Standard Type(s): 2x4
- Optional Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 52' 4"
- Depth: 66' 0"
- Max ridge height: 20' 0"
- Type: Attached
- Area: 467 sq. ft.
- Count: 2 Cars
- Entry Location: Front
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 9' 0" Second Floor / 8' 0"
- Primary Pitch: 8 on 12
- Framing Type: Stick