Great Country Retreat
3 - 4
About This Plan
- Nestled on the side of a mountain or near the perfect little creek, this cabin invites you to come and sit by the fire and enjoy the view. Outdoor living abounds in this cozy cabin filled with porches, balconies and decks.
- This Country retreat is large enough for year round living.
- The cozy front porch connects to a deck which wraps around two sides of the house expanding outdoor living to the maximum.
- A spacious first floor master bedroom allows the owner to enjoy one story living while guests can hide away o the second floor enjoying their own private balconies.
- The two front dormers house the second floor bath and bring light into the switch back staircase.
- The stairs open onto a balcony with a small computer station and overlook to the living room.
- A drive-under garage foundation allows for cars and storage, while the balance of the basement provides expansion. The space is perfect for the family billiard table.
- The roof is stick framed with a 12:12 pitch.
- Related Plan: For an alternate entrance and laundry room configuration, see house plan 92007VS.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 1,791 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 1,136 sq. ft.
- 2nd Floor: 655 sq. ft.
- Deck: 1,800 sq. ft.
- Porch, Front: 255 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 3 or 4
- Full bathrooms: 2 or 3
- Standard Foundations: Walkout
- Optional Foundations: Crawl, Slab
- Standard Type(s): 2x4
- Optional Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 45' 0"
- Depth: 40' 0"
- Max ridge height: 26' 10"
- Type: Drive Under
- Area: 600 sq. ft.
- Count: 2 Cars
- Entry Location: Side
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 9' 0" Second Floor / 8' 0"
- Primary Pitch: 12 on 12
- Secondary Pitch: 5 on 12
- Framing Type: Stick