Great for the Down-Sloping Lot
About this Plan
See What's Included in this Plan...
- Designed for construction on a down-slope to the rear, the home offers 2,100+ square feet of living space, more than a third of it in the daylight basement. Wide windows brighten each of the basement's four rooms: family room, bathroom, and two bedrooms. The family room's sliding glass doors lead out onto a wide patio, partially covered by the main floor deck above.
- Handsome 6x6 wooden posts, neatly trimmed out at the top and bottom, support the wide front entry porch. Three centrally placed steps bring people to a front door flanked by sidelights. From the inside, the door's three glass panes near the top let in still more light while allowing insiders to see who is outside. The stairway's half wall increases the foyer's sense of expansiveness.
- In the naturally bright combination living room/dining room straight ahead of the foyer, wide windows fill most of the rear wall. The widest of these extends almost to the gas fireplace. A sliding glass door on the left slides open to offer easy access to the rear covered deck.
- The kitchen is open to the dining room, separated only by a peninsular counter. A gently curved eating bar rims the counter on the dining room side. The kitchen is rich in both counter and storage space, including a large walk-in pantry.
- The owners' suite fills out the remainder of the ground floor. Amenities include a large corner shower, two lavatories, a private toilet, and a good-sized walk-in closet.