Great Open Balcony
About This Plan
- High arched windows echo the lines of this 4 bedroom home plan's dramatic arched portico, giving this contemporary Southwestern-style home great curb appeal.
- The spacious kitchen/family room comfortably handles day-to-day living activities. An eating bar long enough to accommodate five or six stools partially separates the two areas.
- The range and oven are located in a large work island that adds counter space, and a step-in pantry increases storage capacity. A sunny bayed nook faces the rear, providing an ideal vantage point for keeping an eye on a backyard pool, if the owner so desires.
- The long wrap-around screened porch is accessible from both the family room and the nook.
- Ceilings in the entry and family room are a lofty 2-stories high, while 12' ceilings enhance the feeling of spaciousness in the living room and dining room. Columns support a high plant shelf that defines the two areas.
- The owners' suite includes a bayed sitting area, huge walk-in closet, enclosed water closet, dual vanity and a tub brightened by glass blocks.
- Two additional bedrooms and a guest suite with private bath are upstairs as well as an open balcony spanning the passageway between the entry and family room and offering overlooks in both directions.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 2,869 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 2,018 sq. ft.
- 2nd Floor: 851 sq. ft.
- Screened Porch: 353 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 4
- Full bathrooms: 3
- Half bathrooms: 1
- Standard Foundations: Slab
- Optional Foundations: Basement, Crawl
- Standard Type(s): Block or 2x6
- Width: 58' 0"
- Depth: 72' 6"
- Max ridge height: 25' 6"
- Type: Attached
- Area: 516 sq. ft.
- Count: 2 Cars
- Entry Location: Courtyard
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 8' 0"
- Primary Pitch: 5 on 12