Handsome Rustic Home
About this Plan
See What's Included in this Plan...
- Shingles and stone give a handsomely rustic look to this rambling two-story home with over 3,000 square feet of living space. This plan is well-suited to families that enjoy entertaining, or simply like having space to spread out.
- At its core is a huge great room with a 12-foot ceiling and a window-flanked fireplace. Two sets of double doors at the rear provide access to a partially covered patio.
- The kitchen is totally open to this expansive area, but slightly recessed. A long raised eating bar keeps the clutter of food preparation out of sight. Standing at the kitchen sink, you are at the center of everything. You can look out into the great room, or turn your head to gaze out windows, or check on activities in the vaulted dining room.
- Counters and cupboards wrap around four sides of the roomy kitchen, and extend into a butler's pantry with an additional sink and dishwasher. Open shelves fill one long wall of a utility room, with space for a freezer or second refrigerator at the far end, next to the built-in desk.
- A powder room and guest suite are just inside the front door. Flowering and/or foliage plants will flourish on the window shelf in the guest suite's rectangular bay, and this room has its own private bathroom.
- Wide windows brighten the vaulted owners' suite, connected to the great room by a library hall and den. Luxuries include a walk-in closet and a private bathroom with two pedestal lavs, spa tub, and walk-in shower.
- Upstairs bedrooms share a novel and practical three-section bathroom.