Harmonious Ranch Home Plan
3 - 4
About this Plan
See What's Included in this Plan...
- This ranch home plan has a floor plan that feels exceptionally spacious due to several factors. First, it has a number of vaulted ceilings. Second, it covers a lot of square footage and the living room and dining room flow together at the front, while the informal vaulted family room, kitchen and nook are open to each other at the rear.
- Traffic flow patterns allow for easy access between rooms. Doors on the right of the foyer lead into a space that could be used as a den, bedroom or even home office, with another door that feeds into the secondary bedroom wing. The kitchen/family room is through an arch straight ahead of the foyer, while another arched opening on the left leads into the living room and dining room.
- The owners' suite anchors the left end of a long transverse hallway that accesses all of the gathering spaces before ending at a skylit octagonal hub in the secondary bedroom wing on the right. This hub is like a traffic circle. Doors and hallways lead off in four directions, to the three-car garage, bedrooms, a two-section bathroom, a large utility room with exterior access, and back to the family gathering spaces.
- Kitchen features include a large walk-in closet and a multi-angled work island rimmed by an eating bar. Windows fill five sides of a vaulted nook. Sliding doors link it to a vaulted patio.
- A smaller covered patio is just outside the owners' suite. Other amenities include a deep walk-in closet, plus a private bathroom brightened by two windows and a solar tube.
- The roof has a 7 on 12 pitch