Hexagon with Wings
About This Plan
- Basically a hexagon with wings, this home plan is bright, open and informal. Its wealth of windows allows full appreciation of a panoramic view to the rear.
- The great room has vaulted ceiling that begin high and slopes up to a lofty central peak. Three sections of the rear wall are mostly glass. Arched clerestory windows crown six banks of multi-paned windows. Two sets are actually French doors which swing open to access the wide patio that spans the entire rear facade.
- The kitchen has counters on four sides, but the two sides facing into the great room are open above counter level.
- Glassed-in display shelves are directly in front of the entry. Utilities are in the hallway that leads to the master suite, hidden behind folding doors.
- In the master suite, the ceiling is vaulted and a sliding glass door opens onto the patio. Luxuries include a huge walk-in closet, oversized shower, double vanity and separately enclosed water closet. Secondary bedrooms share a bathroom with a combination tub and shower.
- Related Plan: Don't need the attached garage? See house plan 72494DA.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 1,975 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 1,975 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 3
- Full bathrooms: 2
- Standard Foundations: Slab
- Optional Foundations: Basement, Crawl
- Standard Type(s): Block
- Width: 70' 9"
- Depth: 68' 2"
- Max ridge height: 22' 4"
- Type: Attached
- Area: 430 sq. ft.
- Count: 2 Cars
- Entry Location: Front
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 8' 0"
- Primary Pitch: 6 on 12
- Framing Type: Truss