Hexagonal Core with Two Wings
About this Plan
See What's Included in this Plan...
- The two wings stretching out from the house plan's hexagonal core appear to extend a welcoming embrace. They wrap around a recessed entry courtyard that focuses attention on the vaulted porch entry.
- Handsome stone veneer bases link the nostalgic handrails and underlie the wooden porch supports. Stone veneer wainscoting rims the entire exterior perimeter, while rustic cedar shakes cover the upper sections and painted shutters highlight the windows. The back side, with its wide deck spanning the entire rear, is equally attractive. Its vaulted, covered deck is a dramatic eye catcher.
- Inside, another lofty, vaulted ceiling expands the sense of spaciousness in the window-bright entry and rear half of the great room. Coat closets flank the front door, and more light washes down through the overhead dormer.
- The kitchen ceiling is flat. This space is almost totally open to the great room. A long, raised eating bar bounds one edge, creating an inviting locale for snacking, chatting, and homework supervision. Cupboard and counter space is plentiful, boosted by a central work island and a roomy pantry.
- Windows fill most of three walls in the vaulted great room. Four atrium doors offer access to the vaulted, covered deck at center back, and more light spills in through tall windows on both sides of the fireplace.
- The house plan's master suite boasts a spacious sitting area, large walk-in closet, and luxurious, skylit bathroom.