Hidden Log Cabin
About This Plan
- You'll hardly notice the house plan, nestled back in the woods. The warm, natural beauty of this home's log exterior blends right in with the surrounding landscape.
- Log homes have impressive natural insulating qualities, longevity and ease of maintenance. This home plan is a three-bedroom, two-bathroom home you could actually live in year-round if your needs are simple.
- Light washes into the cathedral-like, vaulted living room through huge windows, stacked three high.
- A small dining room connects the living room and kitchen. The front door opens onto a wide deck. The fully enclosed sun room at the rear of the kitchen could be outfitted as an eating area, or furnished.
- The upper level master suite is actually a loft. It's open at the front to the majestic view, while a side-facing dormer offers yet another vista. Amenities here include a large walk-in closet and a small private bathroom with two basins and a shower. Attic storage is accessible through openings on both sides.
- Each of the house plan's secondary bedrooms has a closet. A bathroom is close by, along with a stacked washer and dryer unit, tucked in a hallway alcove.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 1,401 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 948 sq. ft.
- 2nd Floor: 453 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 3
- Full bathrooms: 2
- Standard Foundations: Crawl
- Optional Foundations: Basement, Slab
- Standard Type(s): Log
- Width: 34' 0"
- Depth: 38' 0"
- Max ridge height: 22' 0"
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 8' 0"
- Primary Pitch: 8 on 12
- Framing Type: Truss
- 2nd Floor Master Suite
- CAD Available