Home Plan With Hexagonal Heart
About this Plan
See What's Included in this Plan...
- From the street, this house plan has the look of an expansive contemporary Georgian home. You'd never know that inside lives a vaulted hexagonal great room. What a great secret!
- Inside, six open-beamed, pie-shaped segments rise to unite at a lofty central apex. This soaring ceiling shelters the living room, dining area, kitchen, a mini-bathroom, and about half of the vaulted entry.
- The kitchen is fully open to the larger space above its two raised peninsular eating bars. The bathroom, of course, is fully enclosed. The entry is separated but linked by openings to the kitchen and the larger space. A sliding door can close off the kitchen, when that's desired.
- The great room is awash in natural light. Stacked multipaned sections of glass crown the tall windows that fill most of the three rear walls. Above that, in the central section, even more light washes in through a symmetrical set of multipaned, triangular glass segments. This is echoes too, the similarly shaped glassy triangles crowning the front entry.
- In back, two sets of double doors access a vaulted and covered patio that is flanked and supported by bold rounded columns. A long section of uncovered patio extends across the rear to the left of the covered area.
- In the front, wide wings reach out from the left and right of the hexagonal core, giving a courtyard feel to the spaces they embrace on both sides of the vaulted porte cochere and entry. Inside, the left wing comprises the luxurious owners' suite and den/office. Secondary bedrooms, a utility room and a two-car garage with built-in storage cabinets fill out the right wing.