Informal House Plan with Eye-Catching Windows
About this Plan
See What's Included in this Plan...
- Brick detailing, a covered porch, and an assortment of eye-catching windows combine to give the house plan a unique front facade. This informal plan doesn't have a living room, and the formal dining room is optional as well.
- All three rooms at the back are vaulted, with a high ceiling that slopes down toward the rear. Great room, nook and kitchen are large, bright and open. The sunny nook is windowed on two sides, one of them a bay and the other outfitted with sliding glass doors with patio access. In the great room, another set of windows flanks the gas fireplace.
- An eating bar and 8-foot ceiling define the boundary between kitchen and nook. Counters wrap around three sides, and a spacious pantry is next to the refrigerator.
- Laundry facilities, including cabinets, a deep tub and a small counter, fill the rear wall of a utility room that connects the two-car garage to the home's interior. A large coat closet and small powder room line the section of passageway closest to the front entry.
- The master suite is downstairs, well away from the secondary bedrooms. A display niche just outside the master bedroom, and inside, a high ledge over the bathroom. Luxuries in the master bath include a double vanity, separately enclosed toilet, large shower, and spacious walk-in closet.
- The home plan's two upstairs bedrooms share a bath. Stairway and second floor landing overlook the great room.