Informal House Plan with Eye-Catching Windows
About This Plan
- Brick detailing, a covered porch, and an assortment of eye-catching windows combine to give the house plan a unique front facade. This informal plan doesn't have a living room, and the formal dining room is optional as well.
- All three rooms at the back are vaulted, with a high ceiling that slopes down toward the rear. Great room, nook and kitchen are large, bright and open. The sunny nook is windowed on two sides, one of them a bay and the other outfitted with sliding glass doors with patio access. In the great room, another set of windows flanks the gas fireplace.
- An eating bar and 8-foot ceiling define the boundary between kitchen and nook. Counters wrap around three sides, and a spacious pantry is next to the refrigerator.
- Laundry facilities, including cabinets, a deep tub and a small counter, fill the rear wall of a utility room that connects the two-car garage to the home's interior. A large coat closet and small powder room line the section of passageway closest to the front entry.
- The master suite is downstairs, well away from the secondary bedrooms. A display niche just outside the master bedroom, and inside, a high ledge over the bathroom. Luxuries in the master bath include a double vanity, separately enclosed toilet, large shower, and spacious walk-in closet.
- The home plan's two upstairs bedrooms share a bath. Stairway and second floor landing overlook the great room.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 1,914 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 1,440 sq. ft.
- 2nd Floor: 474 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 3
- Full bathrooms: 2
- Half bathrooms: 1
- Standard Foundations: Crawl
- Optional Foundations: Basement, Slab
- Standard Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 48' 0"
- Depth: 52' 0"
- Max ridge height: 24' 2"
- Type: Attached
- Area: 521 sq. ft.
- Count: 2 Cars
- Entry Location: Front
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 8' 0"
- Primary Pitch: 10 on 12
- Framing Type: Truss