Intriguing Prairie Style Update
About This Plan
- This update of the Prairie-style home brings to mind the great expanses of the Western United States. Prairie features include: massive square porch supports, detail emphasizing horizontal lines, a hipped roof, and tall casement windows. Most classic examples of this style were built between 1905 and 1915.
- A lofty and stately porte-cochere shelters guests as they step from their cars onto an even loftier front porch. Entering, they step through double doors into a high-ceilinged foyer. Ahead, four decorative columns mark the living room's boundary. The den, to the left, and dining room to the right are both naturally bright and have 13-foot ceilings.
- Hallways on the left and right lead to the owners' suite and secondary bedrooms, respectively. Charming display niches line the diagonal section of the hallway across from the dining room.
- The kitchen is on the other side of that wall, and a spacious kitchen it is. Counters, appliances and cabinetry on four sides include a roomy walk-in pantry. A cook top is seated in the central work island at center, which adds even more cupboard and counter space.
- A long, raised eating bar rims the edge of the kitchen linked to the large family room. Windows filling most of the rear wall are broken only by a home entertainment center. The wide-hearthed fireplace sits next to a convenient recessed wood box, while a beverage bar fronts the nearby beverage nook.
- Two walk-in closets, one larger than the other, line the central passageway in the luxurious owners' suite. Features here include: a gas fireplace, double-door access to a covered patio, and an upscale bathroom with deep soaking tub, walk-in shower, double vanity, and private toilet.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 3,412 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 3,412 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 3
- Full bathrooms: 3
- Half bathrooms: 1
- Standard Foundations: Crawl
- Optional Foundations: Basement, Slab
- Standard Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 149' 0"
- Depth: 80' 10"
- Max ridge height: 23' 5"
- Type: Attached
- Area: 1941 sq. ft.
- Count: 3 Cars
- Entry Location: Courtyard
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 9' 0"
- Primary Pitch: 6 on 12
- Framing Type: Stick Or Truss