Lofty Hexagonal Core
About this Plan
See What's Included in this Plan...
- A vaulted hexagonal core with six ceiling sections sweeping up to a lofty central apex is the highlight of this house plan. Richly windowed and completely open on the entry side, this expansive space is only slightly less open further back in the kitchen. Sleeping areas and other less public rooms fill the two wings that extend off to the rear.
- Two coat closets flank the entry passageway that leads into the great room. The great room encompasses the living and dining areas as well. A gas fireplace and a home entertainment center nestle into the rear wall of the living room, next to sliding door access to a patio that sweeps along the exterior of that side.
- A patio wraps across the opposite side, and is accessed through matching sliders in the dining area.
- The long raised eating bar that rims the kitchen's peninsular counter is a great is just right for informal meals or chatting with family or friends while working in the kitchen. A central work island adds to the counter and storage space, and a roomy step-in pantry is off to the side.
- The owners' suite is designed to provide a secluded adult retreat. A small gas fireplace graces its sitting area, and sliding doors provide access to a deck that could be private.