Marvelous Wrap-Around Porch
About This Plan
- An eight-foot-wide covered porch wraps around three sides of this timeless country farmouse plan, creating a perfect outdoor living space.
- Nine-foot ceilings are found throughout the first floor, while upstairs the tray ceiling in the master bedroom rises to 10 feet. French doors flanked by a built-in desk and a pantry closet lead from the formal dining room into the kitchen with its peninsula snack bar.
- In the great room, bookshelves border a fireplace, and there is direct access to the porch. A bayed nook looks out onto the porch and the backyard. Completing the first floor is a flexible room that could be used as a guest room or home office.
- Upstairs, the master bath and the family bath are placed back to back for plumbing efficiency. A walk-in closet is found off the master bedroom. A vaulted sitting area is placed at the top of the stairs, big enough for a desk and computer.
- Note the wonderful shop/storage space in the garage.
- Foundation options: basement, slab or crawl space. Specify when ordering.
- Related Plans: For a reversed version of this house plan with a three-car garage, see 6534RF.
- Need more space? See these house plans: 6541RF and 6527RF both featuring second floor bonus rooms; 6500RF; and two- and three-car versions respectively 6540RF and 6533RF.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 1,840 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 1,014 sq. ft.
- 2nd Floor: 826 sq. ft.
- Porch, Combined: 786 sq. ft.
- Basement Unfinished: 1,014 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 3 or 4
- Full bathrooms: 2
- Half bathrooms: 1
- Standard Foundations: Basement, Crawl, Slab
- Standard Type(s): 2x4
- Width: 62' 7"
- Depth: 45' 10"
- Max ridge height: 30' 0"
- Type: Attached
- Area: 690 sq. ft.
- Count: 2 Cars
- Entry Location: Side
- Floor / Height: Lower Level / 8' 0" First Floor / 9' 0"
- Primary Pitch: 9 on 12
- Secondary Pitch: 12 on 12
- Framing Type: Truss