Mediterranean with Hip Roof
2 - 3
About this Plan
See What's Included in this Plan...
- A spacious great room is at the core of the house plan, a small three-bedroom home with a wide open feeling. Interesting windows, stucco detailing and a hip roof add street appeal to this contemporary Mediterranean-style plan.
- As a change from homes with a clear delineation between living areas, there is no formal living room or dining room in this The great room is totally open to the kitchen and offers sliding door access to a wide screened porch. The L-shaped kitchen has everything: oven and microwave, built-in cooktop, a corner appliance center, dishwasher, and pantry. An angled combination work island/eating bar provides minimal separation, and the great room has a wet bar with a counter and overhead cabinets.
- Laundry facilities, including a utility sink, are but a few steps away. The utility room is also directly accessible from the garage, which comes equipped with a long workbench.
- Amenities in the master suite are surprisingly luxurious. You enter through French doors, the walk-in closet is huge, and the bathroom has twin vanities and an oversized shower. Glass blocks create a short privacy wall. The other bathroom is just inside the entry, handy for children dashing in from play. A pocket door allows two to use the bathroom at once, both in complete privacy.
- Bedroom three in the house plan can be used as a study, and bedroom two boasts a vaulted ceiling and dramatic boxed-out window.