About This Plan
- This cabin is designed for year-round recreational use. A long sun porch, complete with sink, stretches across most of the back. A wide deck nearly doubles the available living area during warmer weather.
- In colder weather, the sun porch doubles as a storage area for winter toys. The sturdy woodstove pumps out enough heat to keep the cabin cozy.
- The kitchen is surprisingly large. It is completely open to the lofty dining and living room. Additional workspace is provided by a wide central chopping/eating bar. A counter near the dining room could be used as a bar or serve as an appliance center. Utilities and extra storage space are close at hand.
- Firewood stays dry in a small back room it shares with the forced air unit and water heater. The first floor bathroom is compartmentalized, with the toilet and oversize shower separate from the lavatory. Access is from two sides, through the utility room, or the living room.
- Upstairs, a bathroom with a tub, serves the two narrow bedrooms. A large linen closet fills the space in front of the stairs, at the landing.
- Ceilings: 8' standard.
- Foundation: crawl space.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 1,423 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 1,040 sq. ft.
- 2nd Floor: 383 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 2
- Full bathrooms: 2
- Standard Foundations: Crawl
- Standard Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 26' 0"
- Depth: 40' 0"
- Max ridge height: 29' 1"
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 8' 0" Second Floor / 8' 0"
- Framing Type: Stick and Truss
- 2nd Floor Master Suite
- Wrap Around Porch