Mid-Size Ranch Home Plan with Spacious Great Room
About This Plan
- A trio of twin posts highlights the front porch of this 3-bed, mid-size, ranch-style home plan with a bright and spacious great room at the rear.
- Multi-paned windows, lap siding, and cultured stone veneer add textural variety to the front facade, as does an old-fashioned handrail. The front porch is easily large enough for a porch swing or a suite of wicker furniture, and makes a nice place to relax on warm summer days.
- Light washes into the vaulted entry through sidelights and a transom. Double doors on the right open into a vaulted room that could be a study, home office, media room, or you name it. A wide window is up front and a closet is at the rear.
- Two bedrooms, a full bathroom, and a linen closet are through the arched opening on the left. A little further down the hall, another arch on the right opens into the kitchen.
- Straight ahead is the vaulted great room. This large gathering space comprises a living room and dining room, both of which are open to the generously sized kitchen. An exceptionally long conversation and eating bar rims the peninsula that bounds the kitchen. Other kitchen features include counters on four sides, built-in appliances, and a large walk-in pantry. Sliding doors in the dining area access a partially covered patio that's ideal for serving outdoor meals.
- The owners' suite is a quiet retreat, well isolated from the family living area. Amenities include a roomy walk-in closet, and a private bathroom with a spa tub, double vanity, and linen closet. The separately enclosed shower and toilet offers total privacy plus steam containment.
Basement Stair Location
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 2,316 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 2,316 sq. ft.
- Covered Patio: 130 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 3
- Full bathrooms: 2
- Standard Foundations: Crawl
- Optional Foundations: Basement, Slab
- Standard Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 72' 0"
- Depth: 64' 8"
- Max ridge height: 23' 8"
- Type: Attached
- Area: 765 sq. ft.
- Count: 3 Cars
- Entry Location: Front
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 9' 0"
- Primary Pitch: 8 on 12
- Framing Type: Truss