Modern House Plan With Upstairs Family (AKA Kids') Room
About This Plan
- This 4-bed modern house plan has a stucco exterior with a covered entry over the front door with sidelights.
- The home is designed to simplify engineering and construction. One example is the use of just two window sizes: larger sliding windows for bedrooms and living spaces, and small awning windows for high bath locations.
- A large living room greets you as you enter the home. It is open to the kitchen and dining room facilitating entertaining.
- The kitchen has a peninsula with seating for up to three. Sliding doors in the dining room open to the covered patio, a great spot for al fresco dining.
- The master bedroom is on the main floor and three more bedrooms are upstairs. There, an upstairs family room is a great place the kids can call their own.
- The walls are built using 2×6 wood framing. The roof is sloping metal over standard hip trusses. The exterior is finished with stucco.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 2,488 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 1,244 sq. ft.
- 2nd Floor: 1,244 sq. ft.
- Porch, Combined: 502 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 4
- Full bathrooms: 3
- Half bathrooms: 1
- Standard Foundations: Slab
- Standard Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 39' 6"
- Depth: 61' 8"
- Max ridge height: 26' 0"
- Type: Attached
- Area: 426 sq. ft.
- Count: 2 Cars
- Entry Location: Front
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 10' 0"
- Framing Type: Truss