Modern Prairie House Plan with 2-story Great Room and Lower Level Expansion
2.5 - 4.5
2 - 3
About This Plan
- This modern prairie house plan offers a covered porch in the front and a covered patio in the rear. Low, hipped roofs help this house adds to the curb appeal.
- With the open concept design, the kitchen is centered across from the 2-story great room's fireplace with the dining room off to the side. A large island, pantry, and convenient access to the garage make this a comfortable kitchen for all cooks.
- Off the foyer, you'll find an office for when you need to work from home.
- Further into the home, you'll find the master bedroom and accompanying bathroom with a standing shower, full-size tub, and walk-in closet.
- Upstairs you'll find 2 more bedrooms with walk-in closets, and a loft overlooking the great room and its gallery of windows. The loft can be transformed into another bedroom with a walk-in closet.
- This home plan offers basement expansion (1,677 square feet when finished as shown) with a recreation room, game room, kitchenette, 2 more bedrooms, plenty of storage, and exterior entrance.
- Related Plan: Get an alternate version with house plan 490061NAH.
Optional Main Level - Slab or Crawl Version
Optional Basement Lower Level
Optional Walkout Lower Level
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 2,807 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 2,032 sq. ft.
- 2nd Floor: 775 sq. ft.
- Covered Patio: 208 sq. ft.
- Porch, Front: 76 sq. ft.
- Loft: 178 sq. ft.
- Optional Lower Level: 1,677 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 3, 4, 5, or 6
- Full bathrooms: 2, 3, or 4
- Half bathrooms: 1
- Standard Foundations: Slab, Crawl
- Optional Foundations: Walkout, Basement
- Standard Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 70' 0"
- Depth: 61' 10"
- Type: Attached
- Area: 954 sq. ft.
- Count: 2 or 3 Cars
- Entry Location: Side
- Floor / Height: Lower Level / 9' 0" First Floor / 9' 0" Second Floor / 9' 0"
- Framing Type: Truss