Modest Home Plan Offers Modern Amenities
About this Plan
See What's Included in this Plan...
- Except for the attached garage, this two-story home plan puts the viewer in mind of many modestly sized homes built in the '20s and '30s. Small panes of glass fill the upper sashes of the double-hung windows, and the porch is framed by sturdy wooden columns atop masonry bases.
- But once inside, it's clear that this is a contemporary plan. Living room, dining room and kitchen flow together, creating one large room rather than the three small ones typical of older homes. A clean-burning gas fireplace tucked in the back corner serves as a focal point, providing warmth and color when the weather outside is dreary.
- Counters wrap around two sides of a spacious kitchen that has a central work island. The flush eating bar rimming the front is handy for snacks, homework supervision, or conversation with people working in the kitchen.
- For efficiency, sink, stove and refrigerator are placed in a tight, step-saving triangle. The deep walk-in pantry is generously sized, and utilities are just around the corner. Doors there lead to the garage and covered patio. If desired, the covered patio could be screened, to increase outdoor dining pleasure.
- The owners' suite is on the main floor, and larger than one might expect in a home this size. Amenities include: a roomy walk-in closet and direct access to the main bathroom.
- Upstairs, the front bedroom is larger than the rear, ceilings slope down on both sides, and the two rooms share a bathroom outfitted with an oversized shower. A wide linen closet lines the hallway.