Modest Home With Window Covered Rear
About This Plan
- Standing in the home plan's spacious vaulted great room, you might forget that this is a small house. Windows fill most of the rear wall, making this space as bright as it is spacious. Sliding doors open onto a rear deck.
- Measuring in at about 1,650 square feet of living space, the home's modest size makes it well-suited to the needs of empty nesters as well as young families.
- Natural light spills into the vaulted entry through a slender sidelight and half-round window near the top of the door. A roomy coat closet is off to the left, and the kitchen is to the right. Counters wrap around four sides of the kitchen, offering abundant work space for a family of cooks.
- A raised eating bar rims the peninsular counter that bounds the window-rich vaulted nook.
- Laundry utilities are nearby in a passthrough space that links the house to the garage. Cabinets and a counter fill the wall opposite the appliances.
- Bedrooms cluster together on the left. The house plan's master suite has a deep walk-in closet, plus a private bathroom with dual vanity and a large shower. Both of the secondary bedrooms have rectangular window bays that could house window seats, if desired.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 1,634 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 1,634 sq. ft.
- Porch, Front: 207 sq. ft.
- Deck: 160 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 3
- Full bathrooms: 2
- Standard Foundations: Crawl
- Optional Foundations: Basement, Slab
- Standard Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 68' 0"
- Depth: 40' 0"
- Max ridge height: 20' 6"
- Type: Attached
- Area: 477 sq. ft.
- Count: 2 Cars
- Entry Location: Front
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 8' 0"
- Primary Pitch: 8 on 12
- Framing Type: Truss