Modest Size, Flexible Design
3 - 4
About This Plan
- Modest in size, this ranch home is designed for flexibility.
- Expanded by its cathedral ceiling, an oversized great room is placed between the bedrooms and the kitchen-laundry-garage section. In the great room, a large bay window lets in lots of light, and a recessed area can be used for a fireplace or an entertainment center.
- An eating bar divides the great room from the galley-style kitchen with its pantry closet and access to the backyard.
- Just off the great room on the other side of the house, a flexible room can fill a number of purposes: as a den, a fourth bedroom, a home schooling room or, with an optional door to the master suite, a nursery or sitting room.
- The master suite includes a spacious walk-in closet, built-in bookshelves and a private bath with an oversized tub. In the hall, another full bath serves bedrooms two and three. Bedroom three sports a cozy window seat.
- Note the shop in the garage.
- Foundation options: basement, slab or crawl space.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 1,599 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 1,599 sq. ft.
- Basement Unfinished: 1,599 sq. ft.
- Entry: 50 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 3 or 4
- Full bathrooms: 2
- Standard Foundations: Basement, Crawl, Slab
- Standard Type(s): 2x4
- Width: 62' 0"
- Depth: 39' 6"
- Max ridge height: 16' 3"
- Type: Attached
- Area: 455 sq. ft.
- Count: 2 Cars
- Entry Location: Courtyard
- Floor / Height: Lower Level / 8' 0" First Floor / 8' 0"
- Primary Pitch: 6 on 12
- Secondary Pitch: 8 on 12
- Framing Type: Truss