Modified A-Frame House Plan
About this Plan
See What's Included in this Plan...
- Railed decks wrap around three sides of this modified A-frame house plan, adding another 500 square feet of living space to the nearly 1,500 inside. This is a home that would blend easily with a woodland setting.
- The living area is located on the second level, with a garage and crawl space below. It could be built on a slope, as a vacation get-away, or on a flat city lot. If constructed on level ground, it wouldn't take much to redesign the crawl space into usable living areas.
- High, open-beamed vaulted ceilings grace the living room, dining room, kitchen and den, giving these rooms a feeling of spaciousness. A work island with built-in range and oven augments kitchen counter space, and a garden window brightens the area. The kitchen also has a built-in desk. A small pantry is tucked behind the door into a large utility room right off the kitchen.
- The dining room is on the same level as the kitchen, as is the den, but the sunken living room is three steps down, making the ceiling here seem that much higher. The living room has a built-in wood box next to the fireplace.
- The master suite is small, but has a private bathroom and accesses the deck through sliding glass doors. A skylight naturally illuminates the bathroom, which serves the other bedroom, along with the rest of the home.