Mother-in-Law Or Guest Suite
About This Plan
- Featured in this one-story traditional home, with a covered porch entry and views to the rear, is a well-designed mother-in-law or guest suite on the ground floor, complete with its own bath.
- Off the gallery in front, columns frame the entry to the central great room with its fireplace, high ceiling and access to the bayed breakfast room and the islanded kitchen with its snack bar.
- On the other side of the house, the master suite, also with a sloped ceiling, juts out in back, with private entry to the covered patio. An oversized walk-in closet, toilet chamber, garden tub, separate shower and twin sinks make up the master bath.
- Bedrooms two and three share a four-fixture bath in the hall.
- A formal dining room, an oversized utility room and a side-entry garage with tool bench complete this well-conceived plan.
- Related Plans: For a Craftsman exterior, see house plan 3041D. Replace the guest bedroom into a media room with home plan 3032D. Need a three-car garage? See house plan 3098D.
- IMPORTANT NOTE: Due to state regulations, the CAD version may not be sold to residents of Alabama, Louisiana, New Mexico, Tennessee and Texas. If residing in any of the aforementioned states, the PDF version does not come with a release to make plan modifications. Please contact us for more information.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 2,532 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 2,532 sq. ft.
- Porch, Front: 142 sq. ft.
- Basement Unfinished: 2,532 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 4
- Full bathrooms: 3
- Standard Foundations: Slab
- Optional Foundations: Basement, Crawl
- Standard Type(s): 2x4
- Width: 81' 0"
- Depth: 53' 10"
- Max ridge height: 27' 0"
- Type: Attached
- Area: 498 sq. ft.
- Count: 2 Cars
- Entry Location: Side
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 10' 0"
- Primary Pitch: 10 on 12
- Secondary Pitch: 6 on 12
- Framing Type: Stick