Nostalgic Country Ranch
About This Plan
- A wide wrap-around railed porch adds a touch of nostalgia to this country-ranch style design.
- Soft natural light from four skylights illuminates the large family room and wide expanses of glass on three sides add brightness give the feeling of wide-open spaces.
- The country kitchen has a wide work island. The area to the right of the kitchen is designated as an eating nook, although some families might prefer to place their informal eating area under the skylights and close to the fireplace.
- The master suite is close to the front entry and isolated from the other two bedrooms for added privacy. In addition to a large walk-in closet, it has a smaller cedar-lined closet and a private bathroom with twin vanities. Twin basins are found in the bathroom shared by the other two bedrooms.
- The utility room is equally convenient to the kitchen and the two-car garage, allowing for wash-up after working outside. Although the utility room is not designed with a door to the back yard, this situation could be remedied by simply substituting a door for a window.
- Ceilings: 8' standard.
- Foundation: basement.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 2,204 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 2,204 sq. ft.
- Basement Unfinished: 2,148 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 3
- Full bathrooms: 2
- Half bathrooms: 1
- Standard Foundations: Basement
- Standard Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 90' 0"
- Depth: 52' 0"
- Max ridge height: 36' 0"
- Type: Attached
- Area: 756 sq. ft.
- Count: 2 Cars
- Entry Location: Front
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 8' 0"
- Primary Pitch: 9 on 12
- Secondary Pitch: 10 on 12
- Framing Type: Stick and Truss