Nostalgic Exterior Home Design
About This Plan
- Cedar shakes, gables and a brick facade combine to create this nostalgic exterior of this contemporary house plan, but the inside is completely modern. Other exterior touches include glass blocks flanking the front door, half-round window at the peak of the garage gable, and a row of skylights in the roof.
- The entry opens into a huge, skylit great room, with a bay window and a wide hearth in front of the fireplace and wood box.
- Range and oven are built into a large work island in the center of the kitchen. A wide window in front of the kitchen sink looks out over a wood deck, easily accessed through French doors in the adjacent dining area. Other amenities include a triangular walk-in pantry and a long eating bar.
- The master bedroom, although physically no larger than the other two bedrooms, has a walk-in closet, private bath and access onto the deck.
- An undeveloped attic runs the full length of the house, available for future expansion.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 1,578 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 1,578 sq. ft.
- Bonus: 724 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 3
- Full bathrooms: 2
- Standard Foundations: Crawl
- Optional Foundations: Basement, Slab
- Standard Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 52' 0"
- Depth: 56' 0"
- Max ridge height: 27' 0"
- Type: Attached
- Area: 658 sq. ft.
- Count: 2 Cars
- Entry Location: Front
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 9' 3"
- Primary Pitch: 12 on 12
- Secondary Pitch: 4 on 12
- Framing Type: Stick and Truss