Nostalgic Exterior Home Design
About this Plan
See What's Included in this Plan...
- Cedar shakes, gables and a brick facade combine to create this nostalgic exterior of this contemporary house plan, but the inside is completely modern. Other exterior touches include glass blocks flanking the front door, half-round window at the peak of the garage gable, and a row of skylights in the roof.
- The entry opens into a huge, skylit great room, with a bay window and a wide hearth in front of the fireplace and wood box.
- Range and oven are built into a large work island in the center of the kitchen. A wide window in front of the kitchen sink looks out over a wood deck, easily accessed through French doors in the adjacent dining area. Other amenities include a triangular walk-in pantry and a long eating bar.
- The master bedroom, although physically no larger than the other two bedrooms, has a walk-in closet, private bath and access onto the deck.
- An undeveloped attic runs the full length of the house, available for future expansion.