Old-Fashion with Wrapping Front Porch
About This Plan
- A wide, old-fashioned porch wraps around the entire front facade of the country-style house plan, offering a gracious welcome to visitors while providing plenty of space for a porch swing and a couple of rocking chairs.
- Inside, a wood dowel staircase sweeps up the right side of the 2-story foyer to a second floor landing which overlooks the entry. This space is naturally illuminated by a window at the second floor level. A small powder room is conveniently close to the front door.
- Amenities in the comfortable country kitchen include an eating bar, pantry, built-in dishwasher and eating nook. A fireplace warms the family room, and the laundry room, which features a laundry chute from the second floor, is but a few steps away. Double French doors open onto a rear deck.
- Another fireplace nestles into the back corner of the living room, a large room brightened by bay windows.
- All of the bedrooms are upstairs. A half-round window caps the lower windows in the gabled front-facing master suite. Amenities include a large walk-in closet, vanity counter, spa and shower.
- The other two bedrooms share a bathroom that can be entered from either bedroom, without going into the hallway. It also has twin vanities.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 2,110 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 1,215 sq. ft.
- 2nd Floor: 895 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 3
- Full bathrooms: 2
- Half bathrooms: 1
- Standard Foundations: Crawl
- Optional Foundations: Basement, Slab
- Standard Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 64' 0"
- Depth: 41' 0"
- Max ridge height: 31' 0"
- Type: Attached
- Area: 550 sq. ft.
- Count: 2 Cars
- Entry Location: Front
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 9' 0"
- Primary Pitch: 8 on 12
- Framing Type: Truss