This one-of-a-kind house plan is ideal for those who desire bright open spaces & something a little out of the ordinary and was designed with bright open spaces in mind.
Upon entering the foyer the stairwell will immediately capture your attention, open to both the bridge entrance below and the landing above. The family room and study are vaulted with beamed ceilings and boast walls of glass doors and transoms.
The dining room has a comfortable, informal feel with its ceiling beams and stacked stone veneer wall.
The kitchen is two stories with suspended beams and glass that extends to the ceiling. The kitchen and dining areas are flanked by a pantry/bar with room for virtually everything.
The vaulted screened porch enjoys a stacked stone fireplace and four skylights that splay light into the kitchen.
The master bedroom has its own deck positioned for seclusion and includes a spacious bath and walk-in closet, making this a private sanctuary. The defining design theme of this home is open spaces with the master bedroom closet being the only interior walls on the main level.
The upper level includes two bedrooms, each with their own baths and a library / media room. All the upper level spaces are accessible from the balcony overlooking the family room and study.
The powder room and laundry area are located one half story below the main level at the entrance to the bridge. The bridge leads to a detached garage with a cozy one bedroom apartment, perfect for guests or as an in-law suite.
Note: This plan has restrictions in parts of North and South Carolina and Georgia. Contact us for availability.
All of our plans are designed by licensed architects and residential building designers. Each plan is designed to meet nationally recognized building codesforthe year they were created
No two plans are the same. We strongly encourage you to contactus for the contents ofany plan you may be interested inpurchasing.
Below is a listing of sheets typically included in our plans
1. Foundation Plan ‐ shows the foundation details.
2. Floor Plan ‐ shows the placement of interior walls and the dimensions for rooms, doors, windows, stairways, etc. of each level of the house.
3. Exterior Elevations ‐ show the front, rear and sides of the house, including exterior materials, details and roof pitches.
4. Building Cross Section ‐ shows details of the house as though it were cut in slices from the roof to the foundation. The cross sections detail the construction of the home, insulation, flooring and roofing.
5. Interior Elevations (when available) ‐ show the details of cabinets such as those found in the kitchen, bathroom and utility room, fireplaces and other special interior features.
6. Roof Plan ‐ provides a bird’s eye view of the roof's valleys, ridges and dormers, if applicable
7. Electrical Plan (when available) ‐ shows the suggested locations for fixtures and outlets. Please contact us to see if an electrical plan is included in the plan set.
8. Notes & Details ‐ provides information for structural specifications, excavating and grading, masonry and concrete work, carpentry and wood specifications, thermal and moisture protection and specifications about drywall, tile, flooring, glazing, caulking and sealants.
All of our plans are designed to provide the information needed to build your home. Because of the wide range of requirements throughout states and municipalities, it is possible that the plans may not have all of the information required by your building department. If this is the case, we recommend hiring a local design professional or engineer who can assist bringing the plans up to your local building code.
Some states require that a licensed architect or engineer review and stamp the plans. If this is the case where you will be building, a local professional will be able to assist you.
Important Extras: Sold separately
1. Readable reverse Plans ‐ The layout is reversed and all the writing is corrected so you can read the writing. With this option, all of your sets will appear the way you want to build the home. This option is available for an additional charge.
2. Mirror Reverse Plans ‐ The lettering and dimensions will read backwards, so you will need to order at least one set non-reversed as a reference copy.
3. Itemized List of Materials (when available) ‐ includes the quantity, type and size of materials needed to build your home.