Open Ranch Design
About This Plan
- Oriented toward the rear, this ranch home offers an open floor plan that gives the feeling of a much larger home, yet the living room, dining room and kitchen have their own defined areas.
- Partly covered and partly uncovered, the patio is usable in all sorts of weather. The patio can be accessed from either the dining room with its built-in desk or the living room with its vaulted ceiling and corner fireplace.
- Separated from the dining room by a peninsula eating counter, the C-shaped kitchen with its two lazy Susans allows the cook to be in on the action. Nearby, the laundry room is placed across from a walk-in pantry or storage closet that could be converted to a half bath.
- A hall bath serves the secondary bedrooms, both front-facing. The master suite contains a walk-in closet near a dressing area with vanity; the shower and toilet are in their own chamber.
- Foundation options: basement, slab or crawl space.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 1,841 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 1,841 sq. ft.
- Basement Unfinished: 1,841 sq. ft.
- Covered Patio: 238 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 3
- Full bathrooms: 2
- Standard Foundations: Basement, Crawl, Slab
- Standard Type(s): 2x4
- Width: 64' 0"
- Depth: 52' 0"
- Max ridge height: 15' 4"
- Type: Attached
- Area: 483 sq. ft.
- Count: 2 Cars
- Entry Location: Front
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 8' 0"
- Primary Pitch: 5 on 12
- Framing Type: Truss