Oversized Rooms in an Efficient Design
About This Plan
- A large wood deck front porch accentuates the front of the house. The windows on the porch feature half-circle tops and the front door has sidelights and an elliptical top. The foyer opens up to the living and dining room through cased openings with glass transoms which gives the home a historic feel.
- The family room is spacious and features a large wood burning fireplace with a raised brick hearth with bookshelves on each sides. This room also features a two-story ceiling and a wall of French doors and windows.
- The kitchen has plenty of counter space and an island. In the center of the island is a downdraft cook-top and range. On the interior wall is a built in desk and pantry. There is also a bar that opens up to a large breakfast room. This area is great for an informal dinner or a family breakfast.
- The master bedroom has plenty of room. On one wall is a large walk-in closet. On another is a French door that leads to the back porch. In the master bath are two vanities. One of the vanities has a knee space for sitting down and dressing up. The bath also has a six-foot garden tub, standing shower and large walk-in closets.
- Upstairs, a balcony overlooks the living room. This leads to an unfinished area and two bedrooms. Both of these bedrooms have direct access to a large bath and both have walk-in closets and dormer windows. The downstairs bedroom also has direct access to a bathroom.
- This home features two unfinished areas--the storage and gameroom. The great thing about unfinished areas is that initial construction cost is cut down. It also makes it easy to add rooms on later when extra space is needed.
- There are additional features to this house plan, including a two-car garage and extra storage in the garage and on the porch. The utility room is extra large and has a freezer space, built-in cabinets and sink and a closet.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 3,085 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 2,439 sq. ft.
- 2nd Floor: 646 sq. ft.
- Porch, Front: 197 sq. ft.
- Porch, Rear: 180 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 4
- Full bathrooms: 3
- Standard Foundations: Basement, Crawl, Slab
- Standard Type(s): 2x4
- Width: 67' 0"
- Depth: 79' 0"
- Max ridge height: 33' 0"
- Type: Attached
- Area: 730 sq. ft.
- Count: 2 Cars
- Entry Location: Side
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 9' 0" Second Floor / 8' 0"
- Primary Pitch: 12 on 10
- Framing Type: Stick