Panoramic Octagonal Living Room
About this Plan
See What's Included in this Plan...
- The living room is a bright octagonal space has a 10-foot ceiling and high arched windows on five sides. If constructed in a scenic setting, the room offers a panoramic vista. The home plan is only 50 feet wide; therefore, it fits on a standard city lot as well.
- The lofty entry portico makes a striking first impression. Its arched opening echoes the shape of the living room windows while sidelights and an arched transom frame the front door.
- A family room with a 9-foot-high ceiling is at the core of this plan. You can get there directly from almost every room in the house - from the bedrooms, entry, living room, dining room, kitchen, and screened patio. The family room has an eating bar and a large entertainment center, part of which could be a wet bar.
- The bright entry has a 12-foot ceiling and a coat closet. Columns define the boundaries of the living room, family room and dining room.
- Shelves for displaying family mementos and objects d'art create visual separation between the formal living room and the informal family room. A pocket door allows the kitchen to be closed off from the dining room.
- The master suite has a large walk-in closet and a private bathroom with double vanity and enclosed shower and toilet.