Passive Solar House Plan
About This Plan
- This passive solar house plan is suitable for vacation or year-round living.
- The rear or southern elevation of the home is highlighted by an abundance of decks and glass.
- A minimum of windows are found on the north, east and west sides.
- The basement level has a large shop, storage and recreation areas, plus a bedroom.
- The first-level living room is two steps up from the rest of the first floor, with two stories of glass on its southern wall.
- An angled wall lends character to the kitchen/dining area.
- The master suite occupies the entire second level with its own bath, dressing area, walk-in closet, storage nook, and private deck.
- This home is designed with a basement foundation.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 2,228 sq. ft.
- Lower Level: 886 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 886 sq. ft.
- 2nd Floor: 456 sq. ft.
- Deck: 394 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 3
- Full bathrooms: 3
- Standard Foundations: Walkout
- Standard Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 38' 0"
- Depth: 40' 0"
- Max ridge height: 31' 0"
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 8' 0" Second Floor / 8' 0"
- Primary Pitch: 8 on 12
- Framing Type: Stick