Passive Solar House Plan With Bonus Loft
2 - 3
About This Plan
- Make sure you point the window-filled or "solar" side of this house plan to the south to take full advantage of the passive solar benefits of the design.
- The fabulous great room is vaulted and can be viewed from the bonus loft above. Windows fill the wall and help make this a dramatic space.
- The kitchen is a main beneficiary of the great room windows, as it is open to that space. Casual seating at the service counter is a nice feature of the kitchen design, as is the spacious pantry.
- Porches are accessible from each room on the solar side.
- Cubbies and a built-in bench are great touches in the entry.
- The master is as private as can be and has a vaulted ceiling, as do the other rooms in the home.
- The upstairs loft gives you more room to enjoy, and there is ample storage upstairs as well.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 1,636 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 1,636 sq. ft.
- Bonus: 267 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 2 or 3
- Full bathrooms: 2
- Standard Foundations: Slab
- Standard Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 52' 0"
- Depth: 34' 6"
- Max ridge height: 18' 0"
- 1st Floor Master Suite
- Bonus Room
- Butler Walk-in Pantry