Perfect Mountain Cottage
About This Plan
- Come sit by the fire and enjoy the view from this perfect mountain cabin. Enjoy all the outdoor living provided in this cozy house plan filled with porches, balconies, and decks. Perfect for that place near the lake or perched on the side of the mountain with the stunning view.
- This mountain cottage is large enough for year round living.
- A hipped roof shed porch lead to the front door while connecting to a large deck behind the living/dining area expanding outdoor living to the maximum.
- A spacious first floor master bedroom allows the owner to enjoy one story living while guests can hide away on the second floor enjoying their own private balconies.
- The tow large dormers on the side of the house contain the second floor bath and bring light into the switch back staircase.
- The stairs open onto a balcony with a small computer station and overlook to the living room.
- A drive-under garage foundation allows for cars and storage, while the balance of the basement provides expansion. The space is perfect for the family billiard table.
- Related Plan: For an alternate entrance and laundry room configuration, see house plan 92006VS.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 1,821 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 1,166 sq. ft.
- 2nd Floor: 655 sq. ft.
- Deck: 396 sq. ft.
- Porch, Front: 312 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 3
- Full bathrooms: 2 or 3
- Standard Foundations: Walkout
- Optional Foundations: Crawl, Slab
- Standard Type(s): 2x4
- Optional Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 43' 0"
- Depth: 45' 0"
- Max ridge height: 26' 10"
- Type: Drive Under
- Area: 546 sq. ft.
- Count: 2 Cars
- Entry Location: Side
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 9' 0" Second Floor / 8' 0"
- Primary Pitch: 12 on 12
- Framing Type: Stick