About This Plan
- This sprawling plantation-style home plan is characterized by its extensive front porch and by triple dormers that rest on the gable roof line.
- A 12' ceiling in the entry and the family room adds volume as does the 11' ceilings in the adjacent living and dining rooms.
- A three-way fireplace brings warmth to the family room, kitchen and breakfast nook. A built-in entertainment center in the family room offers a place for home electronics.
- Positioned for privacy on one side of the house, the master suite includes a bayed area big enough for a pair of chairs.
- On the other side of the house, two family bedrooms share the second bath.
- Ceilings: 9' standard.
- See plan 40748DB for a version designed for Insulated Concrete Form exterior wall (ICF) construction.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 2,126 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 2,126 sq. ft.
- Basement Unfinished: 2,126 sq. ft.
- Porch, Rear: 428 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 3
- Full bathrooms: 2
- Standard Foundations: Slab
- Optional Foundations: Basement, Crawl
- Standard Type(s): 2x4
- Optional Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 66' 0"
- Depth: 54' 0"
- Max ridge height: 24' 0"
- Type: Attached
- Area: 528 sq. ft.
- Count: 2 Cars
- Entry Location: Side
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 9' 0"
- Primary Pitch: 8 on 12
- Secondary Pitch: 10 on 12
- Framing Type: Stick