Playful Hexagonal Victorian Design
About This Plan
- This design holds all of the most desirable features and charms that one looks for in a Victorian style design. Whether it's the drive thru porte cochere, the hexagonal towers, bays and subtle use of the classic 'ginger bread' trim on the covered porches, this is truly an affordable Victorian design.
- While excesses are kept to a minimum, the design of this floor plan makes complete use of all the living areas with zero hall spaces. The foyer, which opens up to the living and dining room, has views of the staircase to the second floor as well as views to the family gathering space.
- A playful hexagonal design is used to create traditional design elements noteworthy in this style of architecture, but makes those spaces key living areas as well.
- The wonderfully functional gallery kitchen with island looks out to the family gathering space, as it also watches over the nook.
- Note also that the den study can be the occasional guest suite due to the powder room which is tucked under the stair, which could accommodate a small shower as well.
- Ceilings: 10'.
- Foundation: slab.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 2,683 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 1,379 sq. ft.
- 2nd Floor: 1,304 sq. ft.
- Porch, Front: 243 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 4
- Full bathrooms: 2
- Half bathrooms: 1
- Standard Foundations: Slab
- Optional Foundations: Basement, Crawl
- Standard Type(s): Block / CMU (main floor)
- Width: 54' 8"
- Depth: 61' 4"
- Max ridge height: 30' 2"
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 10' 0" Second Floor / 10' 0"
- Primary Pitch: 8 on 12
- Secondary Pitch: 14 on 12
- Framing Type: Truss