Popular Southern-style House Plan
About This Plan
- Brick and stucco exterior walls make for energy efficiency in this one-story home plan, where the covered front and rear porches recall Southern designs.
- A skylight opens up the living room, which forms an open area with the entry and dining room. Ceilings rise to 12' in this area, as well as in the kitchen and the informal eating area set in a windowed bay.
- The master suite includes a bath with double sinks, a walk-in shower, separate tub and a large walk-in closet.
- The side-entry garage offers lots of storage space. A pulldown staircase in the garage accesses attic storage.
- Related Plans: Gain a home office with house plan 5543BR. Get an alternate Southern-style exterior with house plan 5536BR. Get a front-entry garage with house plan 5537BR.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 1,800 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 1,800 sq. ft.
- Storage: 84 sq. ft.
- Porch, Rear: 191 sq. ft.
- Porch, Front: 264 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 3
- Full bathrooms: 2
- Standard Foundations: Crawl
- Optional Foundations: Slab, Basement
- Standard Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 66' 0"
- Depth: 60' 0"
- Max ridge height: 26' 0"
- Type: Attached
- Area: 561 sq. ft.
- Count: 2 Cars
- Entry Location: Side
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 8' 0"
- Primary Pitch: 9 on 12