Porte Cochere Shelters
About This Plan
- A charming porte cochere shelters arrivals at this gabled home plan. You can continue back to the two-car garage, which connects to the house via a covered breezeway and a covered porch.
- The full bath on the first floor allows the front-facing room to be used as either a third bedroom or a study. In back, the family room with a fireplace rises for two stories and overlooks the backyard.
- Notice the recycling center in the breakfast room and the pantry closet in the kitchen.
- Upstairs, the master suite includes closets for him and her, a private bath and a 10' vaulted ceiling. Bedroom two enjoys a private bath.
- Bonus space over the porte cochere allows for future expansion, perhaps a study or a extra bedroom.
- Ceilings: 9' first floor.
- Related Plans: This house plan comes in two alternate elevations - 41042DB and 41043DB.
- See plan 40857DB for a version designed for Insulated Concrete Form exterior wall (ICF) construction.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 1,728 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 1,071 sq. ft.
- 2nd Floor: 657 sq. ft.
- Bonus: 368 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 2 or 3
- Full bathrooms: 3
- Standard Foundations: Basement
- Optional Foundations: Slab, Crawl
- Standard Type(s): 2x4
- Optional Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 41' 8"
- Depth: 48' 4"
- Max ridge height: 30' 4"
- Type: Attached
- Area: 525 sq. ft.
- Count: 2 Cars
- Entry Location: Front
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 9' 0"
- Primary Pitch: 8 on 12
- Secondary Pitch: 8 on 12
- Framing Type: Stick