Practical Craftsman with Wrap-around Porch
About this Plan
See What's Included in this Plan...
- An abundance of multipane windows and a wrap-around porch infuse this hillside home with an air of hospitality. Shutters accent the arched window on the top floor. A window hood shades the trio of windows in the living room.
- Although moderately sized, this house lives big. That's because there's a perfect balance between luxurious amenities and everyday practicalities. Luxury is immediately apparent in the formal foyer, which soars to the roofline, and is capped by a square window. An open staircase carries you up to the living and dining rooms. A closed staircase leads to the two-car garage. In the living room, a fireplace is flanked by built-ins, offering both a handsome focal point and convenient storage space.
- The family cooks will love the expansive kitchen, which revolves around an island, equipped with a sink and dishwasher. There's also room at the island for kibitzers to sit and chat. A beautiful bay window brings light and the view into the kitchen, and creates a delightful alcove for casual dining.
- The upper floor accommodates a master suite retreat, complete with double closets, built-in shelves in the bedroom, and an adjacent bath. Laundry facilities also are on this floor, a practical location because most laundry is generated in bedrooms and bathrooms.
- Related Plan: For an alternate version, see house plan 69187AM.