Prairie-style Home Plan, Bright Throughout
About This Plan
- This mid-size, Prairie-style home plan is designed for a lot that slopes down to the right. Living spaces are all on one level. Since most of the passageways are already wide, the plan could be easily adapted for wheelchair accessibility. With a few modifications, it could also be built on flat land.
- Geometric patterns of large panes surrounded by small ones create visual interest, inside and out. Along with the hipped roof, massive squared porch supports, and widely overhanging eaves, these windows are typical of the Prairie-style homes popular in the early 1900's.
- An abundance of natural light washes into the wide entry through sidelights and lofty transom windows. Double doors on the left open into a room that could be a den, home office, or whatever else suits. A door on the opposite side of this room leads to a hallway that links to the garage, utility room, a full bathroom, a bedroom, and the owners' suite. Then it eventually leads back to a transverse hallway that reconnects with the entry, just past the coat closet.
- On the right side of the entry, several framed out columns mark the boundary between the entry and a high-ceilinged dining room. This room, as well as the great room, offer access to a raised deck.
- Two more columns bound the wide opening that links with a comfortably large great room. A large kitchen and sun-washed nook occupy one corner plus the rear window area of this spacious area. The nook has a built-in hutch, with storage above and below the service counter. Standing at the long kitchen counter, you can enjoy watching relaxing flames in the gas fireplace, or a big-screen TV housed in the entertainment center over the fireplace.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 2,538 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 2,538 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 2
- Full bathrooms: 2
- Standard Foundations: Crawl
- Optional Foundations: Basement, Slab
- Standard Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 59' 0"
- Depth: 77' 4"
- Max ridge height: 25' 0"
- Type: Attached
- Area: 536 sq. ft.
- Count: 2 Cars
- Entry Location: Front
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 9' 0"
- Primary Pitch: 6 on 12
- Framing Type: Truss
- 1st Floor Master Suite
- CAD Available