Rambling Covered Porch
About This Plan
- This elegant house plan has a rambling covered porch that spans all 90 feet of its front facade. Classic columns accentuate arched openings, creating an ambiance of stately graciousness.
- An octagonal nook, far right, is one of the most unique details of this home plan. It offers a panoramic view of the surrounding scenery. Display shelves line the passageway that joins with a kitchen designed to accommodate multiple cooks.
- In addition to built-in appliances, kitchen features include a huge, angled work island with built-in cooktop and veggie sink, counter space on four sides, a roomy walk-in pantry, and a trash compactor. Pocket doors in the hutch/buffet slide open for easy service between the kitchen and dining room.
- Light spills into the den, foyer and dining room through three gabled dormers above. Wide bay windows expand the den and dining room, while sidelights and transom windows surround the door into the vaulted foyer. Plants thrive on high plant shelves that wrap around three sides.
- Directly ahead is a vaulted great room outfitted with a brick hearth fireplace and an entertainment center. Sliding French doors at the rear open to access a partially covered patio with an arched opening.
- Double doors open into a palatial master suite with two cedar-lined walk-in closets. The master bath boasts a walk-in shower, soaking tub, private toilet, two basins and a sit-down corner vanity.
- A long, covered breezeway connects the house to a garage with storage room above.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 2,966 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 2,966 sq. ft.
- Storage: 525 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 3
- Full bathrooms: 2
- Half bathrooms: 1
- Standard Foundations: Crawl
- Optional Foundations: Basement, Slab
- Standard Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 143' 1"
- Depth: 96' 0"
- Max ridge height: 26' 0"
- Type: Detached
- Area: 796 sq. ft.
- Count: 2 Cars
- Entry Location: Front
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 10' 0"
- Primary Pitch: 8 on 12
- Framing Type: Truss