Rambling Covered Porch Spans 90 Feet
About this Plan
See What's Included in this Plan...
- This elegant house plan has a rambling covered porch that spans all 90 feet of its front facade. Classic columns accentuate arched openings.
- An octagonal nook, far right, is one of the most unique details of this house plan. It offers a panoramic view of the surroundings. Display shelves line the passageway that joins with a kitchen designed to accommodate multiple cooks.
- In addition to built-in appliances, kitchen features of note include: a huge, angled work island with built-in cooktop and veggie sink, counter space on four sides, a roomy walk-in pantry, and a trash compactor. Pocket doors in the hutch/buffet slide open for easy service between the kitchen and dining room.
- Light spills into the den, foyer and dining room through three gabled dormers above that face the street. These rooms are already bright. Wide bay windows expand the den and dining room, while sidelights and transom windows surround the door into the vaulted foyer.
- Directly ahead is a vaulted great room outfitted with a brick hearth fireplace and an entertainment center. Sliding French doors at the rear open to access a partially covered patio with an arched opening.
- Double doors open into a palatial master suite. Both of the large walk-in closets are lined with cedar, and the private bathroom boasts a walk-in shower, soaking tub, private toilet, two basins and a sit-down corner vanity.
- Utilities are in the house plan's opposite wing, close to the kitchen and secondary bedrooms. A long, covered breezeway connects the house to a garage with storage room above.