Ranch Style Home Plan with Country-Cottage Flavor
About This Plan
- Shingle cladding gives a country-cottage flavor to the ranch-style house plan.
- Most of the living space in this home is on one level, except for the large bonus room over the garage.
- Charming Craftsman-style stick work ornaments the apex of the front porch gable. Stone veneer bases provide a foundation for the handsome wooden posts that support the porch. The Craftsman-style windows that sparkle across much of the front fa'ade include a sidelight on the porch.
- Once you step inside, family living spaces are to your right. The dining area flows into the living room, which is completely open to the kitchen. The living room is vaulted, sloping to the left and right by the window bay up front. Another vault bisects the room, with slopes running down, front and back.
- Plenty of natural light washes into the living room during daylight hours. Two clerestory windows crown the standard-height windows below. The upper windows are square and much smaller than those beneath them. A wood or pellet stove would fit comfortably into an alcove by the kitchen, at the rear of the room.
- Kitchen counters and cupboards wrap around three sides.
- Bedrooms, a bathroom and a large utility room are all off to the left. The home plan's rear bedroom is larger and has direct bathroom access. Its closet spans one entire wall. In the utility room, a deep sink is built into a counter next to the washer, and overhead cabinets fill one wall.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 1,363 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 1,110 sq. ft.
- 2nd Floor: 253 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 2
- Full bathrooms: 1
- Standard Foundations: Slab
- Optional Foundations: Basement, Crawl
- Standard Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 70' 0"
- Depth: 31' 0"
- Max ridge height: 20' 6"
- Type: Attached
- Area: 440 sq. ft.
- Count: 2 Cars
- Entry Location: Front
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 9' 0"
- Primary Pitch: 9 on 12
- Framing Type: Truss
- 1st Floor Master Suite
- CAD Available