About This Plan
- This medium-sized house plan is designed for construction on a rear-sloping hill. It is richly windowed along the back, to allow for full appreciation of vistas to the left and rear.
- From the front, this looks like a single-level home plan, but it actually has more than 800 square feet of living space on the lower level, two bedrooms, an activity room and a bathroom.
- A spacious master suite, expanded by a wide bay window, is the only bedroom upstairs. Other features include: a walk-in closet, an oversize tub and shower combination, and a second vanity outside the water closet. An overhead dormer window also brightens this room.
- Two more dormer windows, these facing the back yard, brighten an informal great room that stretches across the width of the home plan at the rear. The comfortable country kitchen has a large work island with built-in range top, and a bay window brightens the eating nook. Next to the woodstove is a door that leads to the deck and an external stairway, convenient for bringing in wood. The nook also has deck access.
- One side of the utility room is designed for use as a sewing center. This room, as well as the adjacent small bathroom, is equally close to the kitchen and the garage.
- The formal dining room can be entered from the kitchen or through double French doors of the entryway.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 2,180 sq. ft.
- Lower Level: 810 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 1,370 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 3
- Full bathrooms: 2
- Half bathrooms: 1
- Standard Foundations: Basement
- Standard Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 55' 0"
- Depth: 56' 0"
- Type: Attached
- Area: 564 sq. ft.
- Count: 2 Cars
- Entry Location: Front
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 8' 0"
- Primary Pitch: 8 on 12
- Framing Type: Stick and Truss