Retirement or Vacation Home
About This Plan
- This open-plan Craftsman design offers a wonderful setting for retirement or vacation living.
- A corner wood stove on a tiled hearth adds comfort to the vaulted living-dining area. An island with an attached half-wall integrates the kitchen with the living-dining area yet keeps it separate.
- Both the first floor guest suite and the upstairs master suite include walk-in closets and private baths. Light streams through a skylight into the upstairs bath. If desired, the downstairs suite could become the master suite.
- A combination laundry-powder room completes the plan.
- Ceilings: 9' on first floor; 8' on second floor.
- Foundation: Basement/garage of 995 sq. ft. In the spacious drive-under garage, one of the stalls could easily be used as a workshop or for storage.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 1,360 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 1,028 sq. ft.
- 2nd Floor: 332 sq. ft.
- Basement Unfinished: 999 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 2
- Full bathrooms: 2
- Half bathrooms: 1
- Standard Foundations: Slab
- Standard Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 34' 0"
- Depth: 34' 0"
- Max ridge height: 29' 0"
- Type: Drive Under
- Area: 999 sq. ft.
- Count: 2 Cars
- Entry Location: Front
- Floor / Height: Lower Level / 8' 0" First Floor / 8' 0" Second Floor / 9' 11"
- Primary Pitch: 10 on 12
- Framing Type: Stick and Truss