Romantic Carriage House Plan
About This Plan
- Unique in its design, this romantic tower in the Tudor style contains a charming two bedroom apartment over a garage for two automobiles.
- Note the Bell-cast eaves, the extravagant finial at the roof peak, the clay chimney pot, Chinese Chippendale balcony rail, wood drip-molding decoration above the garage doors, soaring and impressive buttress, half-timbering brackets, flower box and interesting variety of windows.
- Inside, a large living room stretches the full 20' width of the building.
- The dining room is open to the efficient kitchen through an arch.
- The third level contains a bath and two bedrooms, one with a walk-in closet.
- This combination of different parts, carefully blended to remain harmonious, gives this delightful small building the spark of a lively work of architecture.
- The chimney is for the furnace and the flue for the water heater.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 800 sq. ft.
- 2nd Floor: 400 sq. ft.
- 3rd Floor: 400 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 2
- Full bathrooms: 1
- Standard Foundations: Slab
- Standard Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 20' 0"
- Depth: 23' 6"
- Max ridge height: 36' 0"
- Type: Detached
- Area: 437 sq. ft.
- Count: 2 Cars
- Entry Location: Front
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 8' 0" Second Floor / 9' 0"
- Framing Type: Stick