Room to Expand
3 - 5
About This Plan
- This cozy evocation of our nation's past employs a spacious gambrel roof popular with early New England settlers.
- The roof provides, at a minimal cost, space into which the owners might choose to someday expand.
- As shown, the optional second floor adds 570 square feet to the total living area.
- This design makes no pretense, makes no attempt at impressing the neighbors, only to charm them with its sense of "home".
- It may be built broadside or gable-end to the street; either way it is a picturesque, comfortable-looking (and affordable) family seat.
- Related Plans: See 11616GC, 11614GC and 11615GC.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 1,156 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 1,156 sq. ft.
- Bonus: 570 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 3, 4, & 5
- Full bathrooms: 2 or 3
- Standard Foundations: Basement
- Standard Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 46' 3"
- Depth: 25' 0"
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 9' 0"
- Framing Type: Stick
- Cape Cod
- 1st Floor Master Suite
- Bonus Room