Roomy Contemporary Design
About This Plan
- Lofty columns flank the entrance to this contemporary house plan. Narrow windows on either side of the door merge with a half-circle of custom windowpanes above to mirror the shape of the entry portico.
- Family living areas - kitchen, living room and dining room - are in the center, with sleeping areas on opposite ends.Each of the bedrooms also has their own private bath.
- A richly windowed nook with double glass doors that open onto a deck brightens the large family kitchen. With the deck so easily accessible, many meals will no doubt be served outdoors. Doors from the master suite and the living room also open onto this deck.
- The living room is also exceptionally bright. In addition to two sets of glass doors, which open onto decks on either side, windows line one wall.
- And no matter what the season, there will be no hot water shortages here. This home has two water heaters, one in the utility room and another in a long hall closet. Additional storage space is located along the hall leading to a master suite, which features a compartmentalized tub and toilet area, and a huge walk-in closet.
Square Footage Breakdown
- Total Heated Area: 1,914 sq. ft.
- 1st Floor: 1,914 sq. ft.
- Bedrooms: 3
- Full bathrooms: 2
- Standard Foundations: Crawl
- Standard Type(s): 2x6
- Width: 81' 6"
- Depth: 69' 0"
- Max ridge height: 23' 0"
- Type: Attached
- Area: 742 sq. ft.
- Count: 2 Cars
- Entry Location: Courtyard
- Floor / Height: First Floor / 8' 0"
- Primary Pitch: 6 on 12
- Framing Type: Stick and Truss